Monday 11 August 2014

Te Reo Presentation

WALT: communicate a message.



Description: We have been participating in 3 different workshops around colour, compositions and fonts. We put these skills to use in a poster sharing our knowledge about Te Reo Maori.
Why? We have noticed that our posters are too cluttered and do not communicate a message well.

Task: Make a poster about Te Reo Maori.

Criteria:
Message:
My message is clear and purposeful. Everything that is on my poster relates to my message.

Composition: My poster is balanced.
Font: My font is clear, readable and suits the message.

Colour: I have used 2-3 colours that are complementary. My background choice makes the text pop!

Accuracy: All of the words on my poster are spelt correctly. Evaluation:

  1. What are you most proud of and why? I am most proud of the words and thanks to the tests we're have been doing in class I knew most of the Māori words and what they mean in English .

  2. What challenged you the most and why? The biggest challenged was the colour and the set out because the colours could clash but I think we did a really good job with sorting all of it out.

  3. Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Well there is always room for improvement but one of my goals  for next time would be working better with my partner because we where fighting a bit and we didn't really need to fight about the stuff we did fight about.


 page2image4508 I did a yellow target because we did fight and at the end we were rushed to finish.

Feedback/Feedforward   

I like your poster Charlotte but I think you could have make the whole word "Māori" bold instead of just the M and remember when you write the word Māori to remember the macron above the word. And the other words that have macrons in them. I really like the variety of colours you used in your poster it really makes the words stand out on the page. I like how you have made a word pop out of the page like literally on the side and I also like the little drawing you or Inara put by the words Te Reo. - Grace C AKA The Awesome One!!









1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post Charlotte. Your reflection is very thoughtful and I can tell that good learning was a result of this project.

    I can tell you thought about even composition when you scattered your information around the page. Good job.

    I agree with Grace about the word 'Maori' in the title. Next time it would be a good idea to make your title all one size so that it shares the message clearly.

    Keep up the fabulous work Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete