Monday 18 August 2014

Homework Witing


This is me goul from last term is attempt complex punctuation (e.g. possessive apostrophes, commas for clauses, clauses, semicolons, colons, ellipses).


WALT: Entertain
Description: We read the poem “My Remarkable Journey” which inspired us to write our own

"Arrrggghhhh" I jumped out of bed screaming "I'm late for school".  I have to quickly get ready and be out the door I think I've got about ten minutes until I have to be in class. Thankfully it's only around the corner and up the road and I'm there. As I'm on my way I get splashed with mud by a big truck that whizzes past me. Great, first I'm running late then I'm drenched in watery mud. It's too late to go home and change so hopefully I dry out quickly. 

On I go with a bit quicker pace as time is ticking. I hear a dog bark behind me, It sounds angry and ferocious. I start walking faster and faster until I break into a run. I look behind me and all that is following me is a little chihuahua with very sharp razor like teeth. I got such a fright I dropped my homework, the pages fluttered on to the footpath and that loud little dog sat down on them, leaving muddy footprints as he did so. Quickly thinking, I took half my sandwhich out of my  lunchbox and threw it down the road. The dogs eyes widened and began to drool he scuttled off my work and chased my sandwhich. I hope he enjoys last nights spaghetti bolognaise I thought as I picked up the paper and sprinted onward toward school.

As I passed the stream that snakes it's way through the streets near my school I was focused only on getting to my class,  when my homework was plucked from my hand by a large angry duck that came swooping out of nowhere. I looked up and watched it fly up the stream and land on a large nest that it seemed to be building. I saw the duck rip the paper with its sharp bill and begin to weave it into the nest. Unbelievable really but all this happened within 10 minutes and now I really am late for school. I'm muddy, wet, late and have no homework. 

I walked into my class, there was silence. I'm never late for school and the sight out me caused a ripple of giggles from my friends. My teacher told me to sit down and get my homework out. Ooops would she believe me if I said I forgot it? She said tell the truth Charlotte and all I could say was you are never going to believe this but......


Criteria:

We decided that a quality piece of writing has the following things. Reflect on whether these things are in your story:
Introduction: It hooks the reader in the first few lines making them want to read more Punctuation: Is your writing ready for a reader? Does your punctuation make it easy for them to read?

Short sentences: Do you create suspense by using these in your writing? Onomatopoeia: Are these in your writing to create impact?
Alliteration: Are these in your writing to create impact? Similes/Metaphors: Are these in your writing to create impact?

Evaluation:

1. What do you think is the best part of your story? My discription in the dog and I found that sentinis really funny .
2. What was the hardest part about completing this portfolio sample?the writing part because it took me a long time to just think of the start.

3. Next time, what is a goal you can work towards?  I won't to increase the sentinis and comprehension.

Feedback/Feedforward: I think that you did a very good job but you could improve on your sentences with making them bigger inara😋 


.

 

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte thank you for using paragraphs in your writing, it makes it easier for the reader. You also used some excellent visual imagery too, I loved the line 'caused a ripple of giggles.' Next time check through for ways to add punctuation.

    ReplyDelete